Today I read another poha recipe and tried to cook poha idli at home. See how to cook poha idli recipe in few minutes and really good to eat. I can count poha idli recipe in my breakfast list, Else you can find the list of my breakfast recipes here. Let’s get started to cook poha idli recipe now.
This is really soft, light and fluffy food to eat. This is one of the best south Indian snack to eat. Well I am from Punjab but I also love to eat poha, idli and dosa. Let’s start to cook poha idli recipe or you can try one of my favourite aloo poha recipe as well. Enjoy to read.
Poha Idli Recipe
Recipe – Poha Idli Recipe
Prep Time – 9 Hours
Cook Time – 15 to 20 min.
Serving – 4 to 5 persons
Ingredients of Poha Idli
- 1 container idli dosa rice or parboiled rice or 200 grams idli dosa rice
- 1 container thick poha or 80 grams thick poha
- 3 tablespoon entire urad dal (husked entire dark gram) Or 40 grams entire urad dal (you can likewise utilize husked split urad dal),
- ¼ teaspoon methi seeds (fenugreek seeds)
- 2.5 mugs water for dousing
- 1 glass water for pounding
- ½ teaspoon sugar (discretionary)
- ½ teaspoon shake salt
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon heating pop (discretionary)
- oil for lubing the idli molds
How to Make Poha Idli
- in a bowl or container, take the accompanying fixings – idli dosa rice or parboiled rice, entire urad dal, and 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds.
- wash them for a few times and afterward absorb 2.5 glasses water.
- in a different bowl or container, take the thick poha .
- wash the poha a few times with water.
- deplete and add the poha to the bowl containing rice, urad dal, methi seeds and water.
- blend well. cover the dish and splash these four fixings in water for 5 to 6 hours.
crushing hitter for making poha idli:
- later strain and hold the stressed water.
- presently include half of the absorbed fixings a wet processor bump. contingent upon the span of the jug, you can include half or full. I ground in two bunches.
- include 1/2 container water and granulate extremely well. the rice grains can have a consistency of that like idli rawa.
- presently pour the player in an expansive bowl.
- I ground the hitter in two groups and general 1 container water. on the off chance that the processor ends up plainly hot, at that point sit tight for it to chill off and after that proceed with the processor.
- at that point include 1/2 tsp shake salt and 1/2 tsp sugar. try not to stress the essence of sugar isn’t felt in the idlis.
- on the off chance that you live in a hot or warm tropical atmosphere, at that point no compelling reason to include sugar. blend extremely well.
maturing poha idli player:
- cover the bowl with a top and keep the bowl for 8 to 9 hours or all the more relying upon the temperature conditions in your city.
- include 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp heating pop and blend extremely well. this is discretionary. you can include preparing pop on the off chance that you need more gentler idlis or if the player has not aged well.
making poha idlis:
- oil the idli molds with oil. pour the hitter in the molds.
- before setting the idli stand, add 2 to 2.5 mugs water in an electric cooker or steamer or weight cooker. heat this water to the point of boiling. at that point put the idli remain in the boiling water.
- for an electric cooker and steamer cover with its top and steam. for weight cooker, expel the vent weight/shriek from the cooker and secure the top firmly on the cooker.
- steam poha idlis for 12 to 15 minutes. contingent upon the gear you have utilized, it might takes less or additional time.
- a tooth pick embedded in the focal point of the idlis should tell the truth and not be sticky. enable a standing time of 1 to 2 minutes.
- plunge a spoon or spread blade in water and slid them through the idlis. expel and put the poha idlis in a warm holder like a goulash.
- serve poha idlis with coconut chutney and an onion sambar or blend veg sambar.
Did you like this article?
1. Please share it with your network, we’d really appreciate it!
2. Would you like to write for Me at Styloo.com
3. Keep subscribe us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, You can also visit on my LookBook and check out new collection.